The Oscar Quest: Best Best Actor Choices
You know the drill by now.
Here is my list of what I consider to be the Best Best Actor decisions of all time.
This was very easy to create. I don’t really think anyone will argue with any of these.
Also, two things to keep in mind. First — again, rankings don’t matter. Focus on the fact that they all belong here Second — take into account the fact that the individual has an Oscar as part of it (especially for 11-15).
1. 1972, Marlon Brando, The Godfather
2. 1980, Robert De Niro, Raging Bull
3. 1954, Marlon Brando, On the Waterfront
4. 1962, Gregory Peck, To Kill a Mockingbird
5. 1989, Daniel Day-Lewis, My Left Foot
6. 1979, Dustin Hoffman, Kramer vs. Kramer
7. 1970, George C. Scott, Patton
8. 1991, Anthony Hopkins, The Silence of the Lambs
9. Jack Nicholson, One Flew over the Cuckoo’s Nest
10. 2007, Daniel Day-Lewis, There Will Be Blood
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – -
11. 1960, Burt Lancaster, Elmer Gantry
12. 1973, Jack Lemmon, Save the Tiger
13. 1981, Henry Fonda, On Golden Pond
14. 1986, Paul Newman, The Color of Money
15. 1935, Victor McLaglen, The Informer